The Chippewa Area Mentor Program provides a one-on-one relationship between a caring adult and a student in need of additional support. By committing to 30 minutes, mentors provide an effective way to help students build resilience and experience success both in school and in their personal lives.
…in partnership with the community, is committed to strengthening students’ social and emotional growth through one-on-one matching with caring and responsible role models.
- Each Student can be successful
- Each student can discover hope and develop resiliency
- Each student can discover personal abilities and understand how they can be used to help him/herself and others
- Each student can show respect and accept responsibility
- This community is a rich resource of caring people and learning opportunities
- "One at a Time" is the way to go!
Our Program Objectives…
- To provide positive role models for students
- To give students hope for the present and visions for their future
- To encourage students to set and work toward goals
- To get students to believe they can be successful
- To help students learn to make positive lifestyle choices
- To help students discover their own abilities and talents
- To help students see themselves as positive, contributing members of their community
- To provide a means of connecting community people of all ages in mutually beneficial and rewarding activities
- TO DISCOVER THE STAR IN EACH STUDENT!!