Each student in our class is responsible for his or her own behavior. Our class behavior policy is based upon a money system.The Money System is used as a way to maintain classroom management and continually build on money skills. Here is how the Money System will work:
- At the beginning of the week every student will receive $20 in Mrs. T. Bucks
- This $20 is to be used during the week by the student in order to complete tasks within the classroom.
- Increments of the $20 may also be taken from the student's bank account if rules are broken or for minor instance if an assignment is turned in late.
- During the first week of school we will set up money guidelines based off of our agreements.
- At the end of the week during our Fun Friday Free Time, the students may use the remainder of their account to purchase items from the Class Store. They might also use their money for other rewards, such as moving their desk to a new spot.
We have a learning discussion about this policy in our class during the first week of school, so the children are aware of what is expected of them here. Our four basic "rules" or what we refer to as agreements based on the Tribes method of communicating are:
1. Mutual Respect for ourselves, others, and property
2. Good Listening
3. Appreciations towards others rather than put-downs
4. The right to participate or pass