Collaboration happens when teachers and staff that share the same students meet for the purpose of working together to improve student achievement. Several common questions have arisen about the late starts on Wednesdays for collaboration. The answers to those questions are listed below.
Answers to questions about bussing:
- All students will start late on Collaboration Days. Bus pick-up times will be about 50 minutes later.
- Daycare centers will provide morning care services.
- Busses will pick up students at daycare centers.
- Busses will pick up students at home care providers if the provider resides in the same attendance area as the student. Some shuttle transfers may be accommodated.
- After school bussing will stay the same with some improvement of services to daycare centers.
Answers to questions about collaboration:
- State law requires 180 days and 1157 hours of instruction each year. That will not change.
- Wednesday mornings were chosen because it presented the fewest conflicts with transportation and other programs like BB4C (Building Bridges 4 Children – 4 year old program).
- Collaboration cannot take place in the normal day because each teacher has a different class schedule. They have no common planning time.
- During collaboration teachers will study achievement data, work on common curriculum, access professional development and plan parent involvement.
The late start calendar are also available on the District website