The Department of Information Technology was created to support the increasing use of technology in the Chippewa Falls School District. The department consists of 8 full-time and 1 part-time staff members. These members are spread across multiple buildings to provide timely support to faculty and staff.
The Department of Information Technology has two divisions.
The Technology Support division designs, installs, and supports the networks, their interconnections, hardware and software district-wide. Troubleshooting and repair is the primary responsibility of the electronics technicians.
The Instructional Technology Division provides applications training to staff, helps integrate appropriate technology use into curriculum, offers graphic art support, creation and duplication of classroom materials and provides a help desk for teachers and staff.
The Department of Information Technology supports the following:
- About 1,600 networked PC’s and peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.)
- 14 local area networks
- More than 20 Windows based servers
- 17 distinct databases
- Over 100 distinct applications
- Provide training to approximately 600 teachers and support staff and more than 4,400 students
- The instructional/curricular needs of about 350 licensed teachers
- Three registered web servers
- More than 600 phones and about 1,000 voice mail boxes
- And both digital and satellite video classrooms
Recently the district has also committed to the addition of interactive white boards to its elementary classrooms.